Ferguson, Missouri - One Year Later
by Charles E. Campbell, Founder & CEO of The Quiet Resolution, TQR, Inc.
A clear example of Black Leadership Failure at every level one year later after the murder of Michael Brown. From The White House of President Obama and his Administration to Black Mayors, Black Preachers and Black Organizations, who have done nothing to address the "Apartheid-like" conditions under which Black African Americans live in America in 2015.
There have been so many murders of Unarmed Black People since Michael Brown and still no national laws proposed or passed by The Congressional Black Caucus. Here's what they could do, if they cared about Black African Americans:
1. The Congressional Black Caucus should demand an Executive Order from President Obama in exchange for Supporting his Iran Deal: The Executive Order should make it illegal to racially profile, stop or arrest Black African American in disproportion to any other group in the city, county or state.
2. The Executive Order should require and pay for law enforcement to have cameras in all police cars, on their uniforms and in jail cells. Require Digital Video from cameras be stored for 60 days and include technology that prevents anyone from editing the digital video to cover up illegal actions by law enforcement and make it a felony to do so.
3. The Executive Order should require all funds collected by court fees and tickets be used to fund County Public Defender Offices.
4. The Executive Order should require all law enforcement departments to collect data on all police stops, ticketing, arrest and murder of citizens and submit that data to a national federal database and include a public complaint component on the website.
5. The Executive Order should require the US Justice Department to investigate all law enforcement departments and file charges against Mayors, Police Chiefs, City Council and Judges found to be engaged in a conspiracy to target Black African Americans for revenue schemes and financial gain in violation of our constitutional rights, based on the data.
I doubt if we have any Black Elected Officials in the US Congress with the moral courage to demand anything on behalf of Black African Americans. Established Civil Rights and Religious Organizations just want to MARCH and PROTEST. Shame on them! Even if the Congressional Black Caucus has such members with that kind of courage, I doubt that President Obama has enough respect for them to sign an Executive Order to protect Black African Americans. He has done nothing so far to protect us, even after more and more murders of Unarmed Black People by Racist White Cops. Under his watch, more Black African Americans are incarcerated in mass, while he give speeches. I, for one, don't want to hear another dam speech, no matter how elegant. Actions that solve our problems are what's required!
If no one will protect, defend, uplift and empower Black African American People, then we must do it ourselves. I created The Quiet Resolution (TQR, Inc.) as a National Black Empowerment Plan, because we must stop begging others to do for us, that which we are unwilling to do for ourselves. When we stop supporting those Black Leaders and Organizations who secretly conspire to keep us in our current condition and ignore our suffering, by voting to re-elect them to political office, sitting in their churches or mosque, or owning a membership in their social, fraternal, sorority, masonic or association, we send them a clear message of acceptance of their poor leadership. We don’t demand courageous leaders willing to sacrifice their lives for us, so we reward those who do nothing to address our poor social and economic conditions and our collective suffering with leadership positions with large salaries. Because they already live high off the hog while doing nothing for us, they see no need to risk their necks. When we accept that it is our Personal Responsibility to demand solutions to our Problems, We and Our Children will benefit. A rising tide might lift all boats, but it will drown those left in the water without a life jacket.
The Quiet Resolution (TQR, Inc.) was created as a Life Jacket for the people I love! http://www.tqrinc.com