WHAT TO DO IF YOU’RE STOPPED BY THE POLICE
- Stay calm and in control of your words, body language and emotions.
- Don’t get into an argument with the police.
- Never bad-mouth a police officer.
- Remember, anything you say or do can be used against you.
- Keep your hands where the police can see them.
- Don’t run.
- Don’t touch any police officer.
- Don’t resist even if you believe you are innocent.
- If you complain at the scene, or tell the police they’re wrong, do so in a non-confrontational way that will not intensify the scene.
- Do not make any statements regarding the incident.
- If you are arrested, ask for a lawyer immediately.
- Remember officers’ badge numbers, patrol car numbers and physical descriptions.
- Write down everything you remember ASAP.
- Try to find witnesses and their names and phone numbers.
- If you are injured, take photos of the injuries as soon as possible, but make sure you get medical attention first. Ask for copies of your medical treatment files.
FOR THE COOMPLETE FILE GOTO: http://www.nyclu.org/node/3249
Kwasi, thanks for posting this information -"What To Do If You’re Stopped By The Police"basi.
This basic information will safe some brother's life.
(And, please ignore this fool - DR. KOFI AGYAPONG - who seem to stalk every article you post.
HE IS A CERTIFIED LUNATIC.)
Only organized group can use the suggestions. Teach them to our people individually is an impossibility but once in an organized environment, it will help a lot but Akwesi Agyeampong does not want to organized under 501 c 3 but when one of us is killed we bunch together to help we must be more PROACTIVE than REACTIVE.