WHAT TO DO IF YOU’RE STOPPED BY THE POLICE
- Stay calm and in control of your words, body language and emotions.
- Don’t get into an argument with the police.
- Never bad-mouth a police officer.
- Remember, anything you say or do can be used against you.
- Keep your hands where the police can see them.
- Don’t run.
- Don’t touch any police officer.
- Don’t resist even if you believe you are innocent.
- If you complain at the scene, or tell the police they’re wrong, do so in a non-confrontational way that w