Chokwe Lumumba For Jackson, MS City Council
Building a New Jackson, Building a New South, Building Self-Determination!
The Malcolm X Grassroots Movement (MXGM) is taking a bold step to advance the cause of New Afrikan Self-determination. Building off the experiences of developing the Freedom Party in Selma, Alabama and the Reconstruction Party in New Orleans, Louisiana, MXGM co-founder, Chokwe Lumumba, is running for City Council in Jackson, Mississippi. The aim of this run is to implement a program of progressive social and economic change that will not only improve the lives of New Afrikan people in Jackson, but also empower Black and other oppressed people throughout the Kush District (the Mississippi Black Belt) and the Deep South by advancing a new social and economic agenda and strengthening their self-organization.
"The People's Platform"
So, what is this new social and economic agenda? As we are all too well aware, we are facing extremely trying economic and social times. With the economy in freefall and capitalism in deep crisis, MXGM believes that we have an agenda and an approach that can adequately address this crisis and transform the future of Jackson and the Southern region. Our agenda as expressed through the campaign's "People's Platform", is centered on the following four points:
1. An economic, social, and cultural human rights based approach to solve the economic crisis afflicting the city and state. We will use this approach to stop evictions, foreclosures, mass unemployment, and hunger.
2. Economic growth and job creation that brings Jackson into the forefront of the struggle to create a Green economy and increase employment opportunities.
3. Create job training programs and a better educational system that supports the real needs of our youth.
4. Public safety and an end to police misconduct.
To explore the full Platform visit www.electlumumbaward2.comBe a part of the change
Help us build this movement for genuine development and self-determination in Jackson. You can do this by:
1. Donating money to support your aspirations and interests as reflected in this campaign.You can make an electronic donation at www.electlumumbaward2.com or send a check payable to the "Committee to Elect Chokwe Lumumba". Mail the check to: 440 N. Mill Street, Jackson, MS 39202.
2. Throwing a fundraiser for the Campaign to Elect Chokwe Lumumba in your city or region. To conduct a fundraiser please email email@example.com or call 601-353-5566 to obtain the information and materials you need.
3. Spreading the word to your family, friends, co-workers, and congregants; ask them to make donations, promote the Peoples Agenda, and raise media attention for the campaign and its agenda for change in your local and regional media outlets.