By Owen Weber Since all Black Lives Matter, it follows that Unborn Black Lives Matter (UBLM) as well. African Americans make up about 12.6% of the U.S. population (U. S. Census), but Black mothers account for about 35.4% of all abortions (The U. S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC)). African American mothers have over 5 times more abortions as white mothers (The Alan Guttmacher Institute). On the average day in America, 1,876 Black babies are killed by abortion.
A Social Worker and Civil Rights Leader once made a gruesome observation. A few years ago, 17,000 aborted babies were found in a dumpster in Los Angeles outside a pathology laboratory. Some 12,000 to 15,000 of them were Black babies (Erma Clardy Craven).
This has resulted in an astounding loss of life, and these are our own children that we're talking about. Some 16 million innocent Black children have been willingly and eagerly killed through legalized abortion since 1973.
Considering that the Black population of the U. S. today is about 36 million, the deaths of these 16 million innocent children constitute an enormous loss (Michael Novak). Without abortion, our Black population would be about 52 million, over 30% higher than it is with the killing of our own children. Abortion has killed three of every ten African Americans. In other words, African Americans should make up about 18.2% of our population instead of only 12.6%.
We may call this genocide--the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group. Or, we may call it infanticide--the act of killing an infant. We may also call it murder, whether or not the courts choose to extend the right to life only to "citizens."
Since 1973, for every African American that has died due to (other) "violent crimes," 42 totally innocent African American kids have died from abortion (CDC National Vital Statistics Reports). About six times as many African American children have died from abortion as the total number (all ages) of African Americans who have died from heart disease during this same period.
Consider the 1,876 daily abortions of Black babies in the U. S. At that rate:
- We kill more Black babies every day than all U. S. deaths in the 15-year Afghanistan War (1,742).
- In only two days, we kill more Black babies than the number of people who died on 9/11 (2,606).
- In only three days, we kill more of our own Black children than all U. S. deaths in the Iraq War (4,488).
- Every month, we kill more Black babies than all U. S. deaths in the Vietnam War (58,209).
- It takes only eight months for us to kill as many Black babies as all U. S. deaths in World War II (405,399). In other words, we cause more death to our own African American community every eight months as what Germany and Japan brought upon our whole country in four years of the worst world war in history.
- In a little over one year, we kill more Black babies than all U. S. deaths (both sides) in the Civil War (750,000). Again, we do to ourselves (our African American community alone) every year what it took four years of civil war to do to our entire country.
- Every two years, we kill more Black babies than all U. S. deaths in all wars (1,354,664). So, in the past 40 years, abortion has killed twenty times more Black children than all U. S. deaths in all wars. This is an astonishing number.
"[Martin Luther King, Jr.] once said, 'The Negro cannot win as long as he is willing to sacrifice the lives of his children for comfort and safety.' How can the 'Dream' survive if we murder the children? Every aborted baby is like a slave in the womb of his or her mother. The mother decides his or her fate." (Alveda C. King).
The African American community, and everyone else, should be revolted by this latest civil rights issue. Unborn Black Lives Matter because we have murdered 30% of our African American population through legal abortion--far more than all other types of death combined. Of all of those aborted Black children, how many would have grown up to be civil rights leaders, pastors, entrepreneurs, Congressmen, Senators, or U. S. Presidents?
Owen Weber is the founder of Christian Data Resources, which publishes Christian books and articles on topical issues and frequently asked Bible questions. His passion is to promote Bible study by teaching others how to learn more about God's Word. This will enable readers to decide where they stand on the issues, according to how they interpret God's Word for themselves.
Visit http://www.christiandataresources.com/ for answers to your Bible questions.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Owen_Weber/238853
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9402107
What happens to your email once you send it?
Track your emails with
Track your emails with