For All Points-Of-The-View.
[by Thea Ivens] Most people when they landed "the dream job" after an interview or even got "the deal" of the lifetime in their businesses, sadly to say tend to slack on their grooming habits and it even goes to the point that they are wearing their pajamas going to the office. It seems that's very extreme but it happens.
Why can't you take personal grooming for granted?
1. It's personal hygiene. Personal grooming is the process of being clean or neat. It speaks volume about how you treat your body and how you treat your working environment around you. People who are neat in their body tend to be neat in their desk.
2. It shows how you can take care of yourself. If you can't even take care of yourself, then how can you take care of you work or your business?
3. First impression last. It's always good to be ready and presentable when you meet someone who you can network with and even can help you transform your career for the better.
4. The Gossip Mill. Your colleagues will and always will talk about people who aren't around sight. Which do you prefer to be talked about, the person who stinks or the person who looks well?
5. Office workers who are well groomed tend to be well liked. Your colleagues and clients will like working with you more. Would you like to be working with someone who reeks of body odor and who is not doing anything about it?
6. Step on your manager's shoes, who would you promote? Tom and Joe are both extremely good at their job, same working ethic, they are both people person but Tom are more put together than Joe. It doesn't mean that Tom is more handsome than Joe but Tom takes the time to be presentable even when there are deadlines to meet. Joe on the other hand, wears shirts and pants that's crinkled and looked like it's been worn since yesterday. His excuse is that he doesn't have the time to dress well. It really tells about how you manage your time well because in spite of your hectic schedule, you can manage to look presentable. Now if there's only one person to promote, would you still promote Joe over Tom?
7. It makes you feel good. If you feel good on the outside, you'll feel good on the inside. If you feel good about yourself, your attitude towards people and your work will be better.
8. Last but not the least, it only takes thirty to forty five minutes of your time in the morning and it doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg to look well groomed.
Most of all you don't have to be a beauty queen to be well groomed. You owe it yourself and to your career. It will always be a great tool for you to use to get ahead of the game.
Thea Ivens is an Independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay Cosmetics. She's also an artist, a designer and a theater artist. She joined Mary Kay Cosmetics because of the company's mission, which is to enrich women's lives. Mary Kay Cosmetics offers unlimited financial opportunity and flexibility. To learn more about the skin care, cosmetic products, the perfect business opportunity, complimentary make-over service for bridal parties, and her personalized gift basket service for businesses who wants to appreciate their clients contact her at 310-801-0826, or at http://www.marykay.com/thea_rtist, or email her at email@example.com.