Chicago-Midwest

3828864734?profile=originalChicago,IL US House candidate Jimmy Lee Tillman, II is traveling throughout the diverse 1st congressional district with his message of healing the racial divide in our country and providing active representation in Congress.

The 1st Congressional District in Illinois is based in Cook County, the district includes much of the South Side of Chicago, and continues southwest to Joliet. From 2003 to 2013 it extended into the city's southwest suburbs until reaching the border of Will County, and covered 97.84 square miles, making it one of the 40 smallest districts in the U.S. The district also has the highest percentage of African-American residents of any congressional district in the nation and includes the home of former President Barack Obama.

Tillman share with us his Q&A with the Mokena Messenger editorial board.

Why are you running for election/re-election in 1st district?

TILLMAN: I am running for election to make sure that the citizens in the 1st District have a strong voice and an active representative in Congress, also to help heal the racial divide in America for the future of our children.

What makes you the best candidate for this position?

TILLMAN: I am the best candidate to serve the 1st Congressional District because I am the only candidate that is running to heal America's racial divide. I am the only candidate that will be beholden to the voters of the 1st district, and not to party bosses or special interest groups.

I am the only candidate that is running with a rural and urban platform. While the 1st district may be the largest Black district in the country, the rural communities deserves a representative that will be attentive to their unique concerns like transportation and agriculture issues, EPA regulations, and trade.

I am the only candidate willing to meet with the President to discuss the issues that are facing the 1st district and America. I want the 1st district to be a model for America where Blacks and Whites are working together to make America great again.

What are the Top 3 issues you see facing the district and what would you do to solve them?

TILLMAN: In no particular order. Poor roads and infrastructure, along with regulation issues facing the farmers in Will County; inadequate access to clean water in the South Suburbs; lack of access to quality schools and safe neighborhoods, not just in the city but throughout the district. I would solve these issues by being an active member of Congress I would meet with the President and work with the majority party to bring resources to the district.

You need to be a member of TheBlackList Pub to add comments!

Join TheBlackList Pub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –
https://theblacklist.net/