MOTHER OF HIP HOP, MC SHA-ROCK, IS BACK AND ON A MISSION WITH A NEW BOOK AND MOVIE
The Mother of Hip Hop, MC Sha-Rock is back and on a mission with the release of her autobiography entitled Luminary Icon and a movie in the works. Her book depicts a true story of a young female growing up in the 1970's Bronx, New York, during the ground-breaking years of what is now known as Hip Hop.
Readers will experience the journey of the group, The Funky 4 + 1 More, the young teenagers and entrepreneurs who were coined as Gladys Knight and the Pips of Hip Hop. The group grew to become one of the most influential groups who paved the way for hip hop artists of today.
MC Sha-Rock decided to write her memoirs because she feels whole heartedly that it is her children's history as well as the world's history.
In the 1970's, a young Sharon Green, better known as MC Sha-Rock became the first female pioneer, Luminary MC on the mic. Sure, there were other females out there that could rap, but Sha Rock was the first to pick up a mic at a major party and make a stand for all female MCs to follow.
Ced-Gee of the legendary Ultra Magnetic MCs comments, "She had the realness, Sha-Rock made females relevant...She set the tone so that female MCs would be taken seriously."
Here's what others have said:
"But Sha-Rock, I got to give the props to her. She's not only legendary; she's a pioneer, an Icon and a female MC. You dudes need to take a lesson from Sha-Rock. She changed my life." -- Darryl "DMC " McDaniels from the legendary group ~Run DMC~2011
"I just remember the way Sha-rock used to rhyme and shit. It was just mind blowing. I was in love with her and I didn't even know what she looked like. I was in love with her voice!" -- Sean "Puffy" Combs/Peter Rosenberg's 92Y Tribecca
FACTS ABOUT MC SHA-ROCK:
* Affectionately known and referred to in the Hip Hop community as the Mother of Hip-Hop.
* The innovator of b-girl and fly girl cultures
* Has influenced many major artists including: Deborah Harry of the famous rock group (Blondie), Run DMC, MC Lyte, The Beastie Boys, Q-Tip, LL Cool J, Kurtis Blow, Jay-Z, and Sean "P-Diddy" Combs.
* First female pioneer MC to set the standards and raised the bar for all female MCs in a male dominated arena
* First female pioneer MC to be a part of an all-male Hip Hop group/The Funky 4 +1 More. They were known for being the 1st organized and synchronized Hip Hop group
* First female pioneer MC from the streets of the Bronx, New York, to go full circle in a MC/rap battle.
* First female pioneer MC to use the echo chamber behind her voice.
* First female pioneer MC to have a record deal world-wide.
* First female pioneer MC to introduce Hip Hop to other cultures, nationalities and genres.
* First female pioneer MC, along with The Funky 4, to appear on a national television show, which was Saturday Night Live hosted by Deborah Harry of the group Blondie.
Get to know her:
Luminary Icon, her story, is available on soft cover or as a ebook on Amazon.com
Click the link to purchase your copy on Amazon.com:
The Story Of The Beginning and End Of The First Hip Hop Female MC...Luminary Icon Sha-Rock
|This information has been distributed through BlackPR.com and BlackNews.com,|