NYMetro

ATAC's 4th Annual Watch Night / Freedoms EVE 12/31/1862 Ancestors waited for Freedom

3828802111?profile=original

I am being re-educated constantly, looking forward to this event...The Church version of Watch Night seems to have evolved from these historical facts.

I am a Proud A.T.A.C. (Avenging Our Ancestors Coalition)  member, we are having a WATCH NIGHT 1609 Cecil B. Moore ave 12/31/11 , On 12/31/1862 our ancestors anxiously awaited news about their freedom from slavery. This Saturday, 12 / 31/11 at 7 pm join ATAC as we remember our ancestors, its ATAC's  4th Annual Watch Night / Freedoms EVE at the UNIA building 1609 Cecil B. Moore ave. And Spread the Word!

Baba Bob Shipman

Website for more information click here

4th Annual Watch Night/Freedom’s Eve

AVENGING THE ANCESTORS COALITION (ATAC)
presents its fourth annual
WATCH NIGHT/FREEDOM’S EVE
7:00pm on December 31, 2011
UNIA: 1609 CECIL B. MOORE AVE

Guest Speaker
J. JUSTIN RAGSDALE
Director of the Lest We Forget Museum

• Did you know that Watch Night/Freedom’s Eve is spiritual and cultural, not religious and congregational?
  • Did you know that Watch Night/Freedom’s Eve for whites meant “watching” for the coming of their god but for Blacks it meant “watching” for the coming of their freedom?
  • Did you know that Watch Night/Freedom’s Eve began at 7:00 pm for our enslaved ancestors on Dec. 31, 1862?

(*Space is limited, so you must arrive on time!)

You need to be a member of TheBlackList Pub to add comments!

Join TheBlackList Pub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –
https://theblacklist.net/