West
Greetings Family,(Contact Information At The Bottom Of The Page)It's your friendly neighborhood "Digital Drummer" again...smileLast year I had the pleasure of attending the Los Angeles awards ceremony for the National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) business plan competition at USC.As an advocate for youth, I can not tell you how impressed I was with the NFTE program. First, here was a positive after school and summer program that teaches entrepreneurial principles such as planning, marketing, and negotiation.College is a good thing, but everybody is not cut out for college. NFTE teaches students skills that they can apply at every stage of life or in any vocation. Skills that will enable them to be self-sufficient, and productive, members of our community.***************(Advertisement)*********************Need some great ideas for corporate or personal gift-giving?Then go to City Lights Software(http://www.citylightssoftware.com )and see some of the most unique afrocentric gifts available online!We Deliver ONLINE - Direct To Your Desktop for just $14.95Please take the time to purchase one our afrocentric screen savers TODAY!Don't Just Talk the Talk...Let Your Dollars Walk the WalkIf you have any problems with purchasing online contact me direct at sales@citylightssoftware.com or call (213) 944-4176******************************************************Second, beyond book learning, the NFTE exposes students to real-life business with field trips, business mentors, and selling events, where the students put into practice the concepts they've learned in class.The culmination of the NFTE program, is it's nationally recognized Business Plan competition. Local and regional competitions send NFTE winners to New York where they compete for grants, scholarships, and national recognition.The bottom line is at the end of the local NFTE program, these students have an actual small business, and/or workable business plan, plus a memorable life experience.Founded in 1987, the NFTE has established strategic alliances with major corporations such as Microsoft and Goldman Sachs. The NFTE is also backed by most major business schools such as Stanford and USC.NFTE’s programs teach entrepreneurship using its exciting, experiential curriculum. There are versions for middle school, high school, and young adult students, with corresponding reading levels and complexity.The NFTE conducts programs on topics that include return on investment, supply and demand, opportunity recognition, competition, skills for success, cost and benefit analysis, sales and marketing, ethics, and taxes.The curriculum may be used in a semester-long or year-long entrepreneurship course, integrated into an existing course, or used for an after-school program or intensive camp. The programs are offered in a variety of settings, including public schools, after-school programs at community-based organizations, and intensive summer business camps.If you work with youth, I recommend that you contact the NFTE (see http://www.nfte.com), and look at how you can incorporate their unique entrepreneurship program into your community.Remember, We Must Share The Knowledge (Network)...To Share The Dollars!!!***************(Advertisement)*********************Looking For More Exposure, Want To Help A Good Cause, Need Money???Come on over to www.freshfaces2u.com and register to win $10,000 dollars CASH!At Fresh Faces2u it's NOT about how you look...But Who You Are!Join us in our mission to change the image of women in the mediaSign Up Today At Fresh Faces2u.com**********************************This Online Journal was brought to you by InterServe Networks. Feel Free To Forward To Your Network Of Online FriendsWe Practice Responsible E-Commerce Marketing and Privacy Policies. We do not indulge in or encourage Spamming. We never send unsolicited emails. You are receiving this message as part of our opt-in subscriber mailing list or you are a member of an affiliated newsgroup.For comments or suggestions please contact us at the following;Jim Neusom (jneusom@yahoo.com)Executive Director/PublisherInterServe Networks/City Lights Software, Inc.www.citylightssoftware.comwww.freshfaces2u.comwww.myspace.com/jimneusomwww.myspace.com/freshfaces2uTo subscribe to our opt-in mailing list simply send an email to; The_City_Lights_Reporter-subscribe@yahoogroups.com ( on Myspace go to http://blog.myspace.com/jimneusom )

You need to be a member of TheBlackList Pub to add comments!

Join TheBlackList Pub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –
https://theblacklist.net/