West

Black Internet Leaders And Innovators

Greetings Family,(Contact Information At Bottom Of Page)It's your friendly neighborhood "Digital Drummer" again (smile)Online social communities have been around for about 30 years. In that time hundreds (if not thousands) of listserves, newsgroups, and websites, have come and gone. Life on the Internet is kind of like dog years...Every year online is equivalent to six years in real life.That being the case, I believe in giving people their recognition while they're still walking amongst us. There are many prestigious website Awards sites, like The Webby Awards, and PC World's - Best of the Web. But when you review them how many Black's do you see???Well we as a Black community, have been active and involved in the Net since it's beginning. Below is a list of Black online leaders and innovators. This list was created based on entrepreneurial success, longevity, and popularity. If I missed someone, send me an email and I'll follow-up in a later article.There is not enough space to outline the contributions of all the list participants. Their name and/or company should be instantly recognizable, but if not, I encourage each of you to do a Google search and find out about living Black history for yourself...Remember, We Must Share The Knowledge (Network)...To Share The Dollars!!!***************(Advertisement)*********************Need some great ideas for corporate or personal gift-giving?Then go to City Lights Software(http://www.citylightssoftware.com )and see some of the most unique afrocentric gifts available online!We Deliver ONLINE - Direct To Your Desktop for just $14.95Please take the time to purchase one our afrocentric screen savers TODAY!Don't Just Talk the Talk...Let Your Dollars Walk the WalkIf you have any problems with purchasing online contact me direct at sales@citylightssoftware.com or call (213) 944-4176******************************************************Anita Brown - Black GeeksNo mention of Blacks on the Internet can start with out giving credit to one of the most inspirational and dynamic Blacks ever on the Net...Anita BrownMs. Brown (the BlackGeek/Miss DC) credits and awards are too numerous to mention. She was universally recognized as a leader in bridging the Digital Divide. Starting in 1996, she founded Black Geeks Online (25,000 strong) to promote computer literacy and educate others about the power of information technology.She was instrumental in designing managing the help desk for NetNoir in the beginning of AOL. She personalized this AOL service by translating confusing terms into people-speak. A social networker and blogger long before anyone heard of those terms.Sadly, Ms. Brown passed away on Sept. 8 2006. She was an Icon, mentor, and friend, to many who made this list.Icon'sBarry Cooper - BlackVoices.comE. David Ellington - NetNoir.comEmmit McHenry - Network SolutionsPhilip Emeagwali - Internet technology pioneerYvette Moyo - MOBE/RealMenCook.comHenry Louis Gates Jr. - Africana.comEntrepreneursBryan Franklin - 1iMall.comDonna Byrd - BlackAmericaWeb/TheRoot.comEarl G. Graves - Black Enterprise.comGeorge C. Fraser - FraserNet.comGwen Richardson - CushCity.comOmar Wasow - BlackPlanet.comQuincy Jones - vibe.comRobert Johnson - BET.comRobert Rucker - BlackWebPortal.comWilliam Murrell - BlackSoftware.comTechnologistHassan Miah - Xing TechnologyJaymes Hines - Hines Media GroupKen Lipscomb - ZapMedia/FourSpots.comMalcolm CasSelle - NetNoir.comRussell de Pina - n2activeTim Cobb - MediaMetricsDigital DrummersDelores Chamberlin - AfriCreations.comDon Rojas - TheBlackWorldToday.comIsaac Black - BlackExcel.comKen Smikle - TargetMarketNews.comLee Bailey - EURweb.comLee Green - BlackBusinessSpace.comRoger Madison - iZania.comSusan L. Taylor - Essence.comTom Joyner - BlackAmericaWeb.comWayne Hicks - BDPA.org***************(Advertisement)*********************Looking For More Exposure, Want To Help A Good Cause, Need Money???Come on over to www.freshfaces2u.com and register to win $10,000 dollars CASH!At Fresh Faces2u it's NOT about how you look...But Who You Are!Join us in our mission to change the image of women in the mediaSign Up Today At Fresh Faces2u.com**********************************This Online Journal was brought to you by InterServe Networks. Feel Free To Forward To Your Network Of Online FriendsWe Practice Responsible E-Commerce Marketing and Privacy Policies. We do not indulge in or encourage Spamming. We never send unsolicited emails. You are receiving this message as part of our opt-in subscriber mailing list or you are a member of an affiliated newsgroup.For comments or suggestions please contact us at the following;Jim Neusom (jneusom@yahoo.com)Executive Director/PublisherInterServe Networks/City Lights Software, Inc.www.citylightssoftware.comwww.freshfaces2u.comwww.myspace.com/jimneusomwww.myspace.com/freshfaces2uTo subscribe to our opt-in mailing list simply send an email to; The_City_Lights_Reporter-subscribe@yahoogroups.com ( on Myspace go to http://blog.myspace.com/jimneusom )

You need to be a member of TheBlackList Pub to add comments!

Join TheBlackList Pub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –
https://theblacklist.net/