This post highlights Part I of a powerful process to help you reflect on 2012 and plan for an amazing 2013.

The new year will be here in a few days, and it’s the perfect time to reflect on 2012 as well as set intentions for what you want to happen in 2013. Perhaps you’d like to join me in a guided reflection process to wrap up the end of the year? Today, I’m sharing ten of the journaling questions I’ll be using for myself that you can use to conduct your own review of 2012.

After 12 whole months, it can be easy to forget all the things that happened to you. So here’s your chance to reflect on everything that came into your life in 2012.

What you’ll need for your Review of 2012:

• A notebook and a pen (or a laptop and a blank Word document, if you prefer to type)
  • A block of quiet time over the next few days

The following set of 10 journaling questions will require you to dig deep. It may be difficult to think back over the course of a year, but give this assignment at least an hour so your mind can quiet down, be still and remember what was important. (Of course, you are free to use your own questions to conduct your review or simply use this list as a jumping-off point for something completely different. As an example, you can read my Review of 2011.)

What I Want to Remember About 2012

1. What was the most valuable lesson you learned this year?
  2. What was the biggest personal milestone you reached this year in your relationships, health, finances, education and/or lifestyle?
  3. What professional accomplishments (at work or in your business) were you most proud of this year?
  4. What was your favorite family/friends moment from 2012?
  5. What was the best book/blog/song/movie/restaurant/city/country/etc. you discovered this year?

What I Want to Leave Behind As I Enter 2013

1. Which personal development area(s) did you make the LEAST progress on this year: health, finances, education, relationships, family, work and/or lifestyle?
  2. What promises (to yourself or others) did you break in 2012?
  3. What arguments/gossip/hurtful comments, if any, did you participate in or make this year that you wish you could take back and/or apologize for?
  4. What opportunities, if any, did you miss out on in 2012 because of fear or procrastination?
  5. What did you do in 2012, if anything, that was out of alignment with your values?

Will you be joining me to review 2012? If you’ve already completed your review, did anything surprise you about your reflections on the year?

When you’re done, feel free to share all or part of your review with us in the comments! If you blogged about it, be sure to come back here and post the link so we can read it.

OmCxSfre8zY

Rosetta Thurman encourages women to live their ideal lives at happyblackwoman.com.
Stay in touch on Twitter: @happyblackwoman
Join the HBW Facebook Community: facebook.com/happyblackwoman
Buy Rosetta's signature program: 31 Days to Reset Your Life
Work with Rosetta one on one: Book a coaching session

You need to be a member of TheBlackList Pub to add comments!

Join TheBlackList Pub

Email me when people reply –
https://theblacklist.net/