Chicago-Midwest

During Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr's medical leave and stories about his legislative record and November elections, The Sun Times and other local and national media have went to great lengths examining the impact of his legacy, so I found it interesting how The Sun Times and other media recently ran an extensive story featuring a top IDOT official confirming that the FAA is indeed approved the building of a South Suburban Airport with absolutely no mention of Congressman Jackson. There is no doubt that it was Congressman Jackson who has taken all kinds of political hits throughout his career for championing the cause for the South Suburban airport and it is unfair to him now to have the media report that it is now a certainty without mentioning his name.

Reading the entire story featuring the IDOT official looked liked a reading of one of the many press releases usually issued by Congressman Jackson on the South Suburban airport. It is unfair to the impact and legacy of Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr whose entire career has been anchored pushing the benefits of the south suburban airport to have this major development be reported by IDOT and the FAA confirming the airport will indeed be built with the omission of the work of Congressman Jackson. This kind of reporting is rewriting the facts of this historic development.

You need to be a member of TheBlackList Pub to add comments!

Join TheBlackList Pub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Chicago-Midwest

I have no "bias against The Jacksons" because Jesse Jackson Sr. put it down righteously when it was his turn. He told Black America "you are somebody" but how they got his son to turn federal informant is beyond me so you are correct to conclude that I am "missing a lot of what is going on."

• Chicago-Midwest

If the blacks in political office, activism and media with all the historic documentation available evidencing Jesse Jackson Jr. time, effort and involvement still can't  "secure his name as the official legislative sponsor for the last 15 years." then......we are a weak, pathetic, no power having sorry ass, talking loud saying nothing black people that deserve to be slapped around, put in chains, tarred, feathered and shown the business end of a buggy whip.

• Chicago-Midwest

I think that because of your bias against The Jacksons that you miss a lot of what is going on. Congressman Jackson is the duly noted legislative sponsor and publicly acknowledged by Illinois Governor Quinn. My selection of the language "secure" his name was referencing the media reports that excluded his name and my efforts to raise the question for the media's local and national recognition.

• Chicago-Midwest

Congressman Jackson already selected the name as The Abraham Lincoln Airport to ensure cross section of support and so this effort now is to secure his name as the official legislative sponsor for the last 15 years.

• Chicago-Midwest

Back in my day people like Alderwoman Dorothy Tillman would not take it lying down. She made sure Harold Washington got his respect from the Harold Washington library to the Harold Washington Cultural center.

This is the time if black politicians, alderman and activist had any juice you could get some payback by insuring that the airport is named the Jesse Jackson Jr. Airport.

This reply was deleted.
https://theblacklist.net/